Responding to climate change disasters
- Richard Core | Dec 14, 2009 8:00 AM
- 1 comments
The Red Cross is taking a proactive approach to climate change by setting up a crisis center focused on disaster prevention. Marketplace Morning Report host Bill Radke talked today with Madeleen Helmer, the head of the center, about the program and the Red Cross’s hope for Copenhagen.
Marketplace reporters Sam Eaton and Stephen Beard are in Copenhagen, covering the United Nations Climate Change Conference. Angela Kim and Ben Adair at the Marketplace Sustainability Desk and Online Editor Richard Core are also posting updates and links to other coverage.
- 'Meaningful' accord seen as insufficient
- Updates from the press pool on Facebook
- Looking for signals from the conference
- Lord Stern is hopeful
- Climate of protest
- Heavy taxes fuel Danes' clean economy
- Deadlock and disagreements
- Mayors take over Copenhagen
- All sides of the Copenhagen conference
- Divided we stand?
- What makes climate deal so hard to do?
- Responding to climate change disasters
- Finding the action at COP15
- Copenhagen rifts widen
- Insert global warming pun, add ice, and stir
- Global news organisations agree to share climate change content
- Fossil fuel giants reject calls to keep oil, gas and coal in ground
- UN tasks Africa on climate change impact on food security
- Climate Change: Some Companies Reject Business as Usual
- Oil Giants Band Together to Add Voice to Climate Debate