All sides of the Copenhagen conference
- Richard Core | Dec 15, 2009 3:38 PM
- 1 comments
The Marketplace team was on top of the climate conference today.
Stephen Beard talked with Marketplace Morning Report host Bill Radke about how the participating nations are close to an agreement on deforestation. He also reported on the speech by California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who highlighted the power of new ideas.
Also on today’s Morning Report host Steve Chiotakis talked with David Bresch of the Swiss Reinsurance Company about how insurance companies are getting ready for the impacts of climate change.
On the Marketplace PM show, sustainability reporter Sam Eaton talked with host Kai Ryssdal about why corporate leaders are in Copenhagen, and what the mood is like during the last days of the conference.
And Stephen Beard added yet another report on how the conference’s poorer delegates are finding it tough just coping in Copenhagen.
Marketplace reporters Sam Eaton and Stephen Beard are in Copenhagen, covering the United Nations Climate Change Conference. Angela Kim and Ben Adair at the Marketplace Sustainability Desk and Online Editor Richard Core are also posting updates and links to other coverage.
- 'Meaningful' accord seen as insufficient
- Updates from the press pool on Facebook
- Looking for signals from the conference
- Lord Stern is hopeful
- Climate of protest
- Heavy taxes fuel Danes' clean economy
- Deadlock and disagreements
- Mayors take over Copenhagen
- All sides of the Copenhagen conference
- Divided we stand?
- What makes climate deal so hard to do?
- Responding to climate change disasters
- Finding the action at COP15
- Copenhagen rifts widen
- Insert global warming pun, add ice, and stir
- Lima was a reality check, and leaders need to step up for Paris
- EPA chief: Extreme weather boosting climate-change plan
- The Role of Religions at COP 20
- Is the UNs climate change body still fit for purpose?
- Europe's Record Heat Tied Directly to Climate Change